Monday, September 24, 2007

From Seattle to San Francisco!


Well I've now said good bye to Seattle and hello to San Francisco! Got here on thurs but can't say that the start of my time here went off to a good start! I didn't know there was more than one Comfort Inn by the airport which is where I was staying for the first night, so I went to the wrong one by accident! I then ordered a taxi to take me to the correct one, but he took me to another worng one!! I finally ended up at the right place but the room wasn't very nice and the internet didn't work :( Also a couple of presents that I'd bought in Seattle got broken in my bag on the flight! Not a good start!! However, once I'd left, I got to potter around the city and saw the Yerba Buena Arts Centre where they are also holding an arts and music festival- I am currently trying to organise a meeting to chat to them about this festival for my research. I then got to Martha's on the Fri night and slept really well. The next day we went sightseeing together. It was so nice to have someone else to visit things with!


I've so far visited the Crissy Fields where there are views of the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz. I also walked around the Palace of Fine Arts and tried to look around the Letterman Digital Arts Centre but don't think it is actually somewhere you can walk around! Appears to be a collection of office buildings set around a pretty park- no digital arts though!! I am going to ride the cable cars today, and just wander around some different areas, then tomorrow I am going on a tour of the city and Muir Woods ith all the redwood trees which should be nice! On Wed I am doing a tour of Alcatraz so that will be interesting!
Think I'll do another blog once I've visited these as I'm sure I'll have more to say then!!



3 comments:

mum and dad said...

Hi darling
We've found you. Hope you're proud of us. So good to read your news and catch up.So delighted all well so far and having a good time. Sorry about the breakages but glad you found the right place. Take care sweetheart and we couldn't love you more. God bless
mum and dad

Traveler said...

I was in SF yesterday pity I did not know you were there!

Glad you are having a fun time and hope the money is lasting out!

Gerry is arriving in LA on Wednesday and we look forward to seeing you on 18th!

Traveler said...

Faith, is this a holiday or a research visit? I would be interested to know how the trip relates to you work and other interests in the UK....

Please send Simon my rgards. When is he coming next and I still have his hat from last time!